Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/24/10

For today's post, please share your thoughts and reactions to chapel yesterday. Although Simon Says was super fun (and not one of you managed to beat Mr. Teller!), I'd like to hear about more than those few moments of chapel. Feel free to mention it, of course :) But venture beyond and consider the message of chapel. Looking forward to reading more of your posts...I've enjoyed them so far.

I've been enjoying the past few chapels this year. It has been a change moving chapel days to Mondays rather than Wednesdays. Last chapel we had a new band called "The Cody Chitwood Project", I love Cody Chitwood...with a passion. Anyway, after that we played Simon Says with Mr. Teller. It was pretty pointless because Simon can't lose. Even though we couldn't win I saw how it tied into the lesson.

Mr. Teller talked about how we need to live by faith not by sight. I realized that I have been living by sight
and not by faith. Maybe that's why I can't accept Christ as my Savior. I realize that I need to change a lot of things in my spiritual life. I realize that I need to grow closer to God.

I liked the first Chapel the best because we were able to go into small groups and talk individually. I also like how we prayed individually and learned more about God and about each other. I think that this year I'll grow stronger in my walk with Christ. I hope this year in chapel will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment