Thursday, August 19, 2010

8/19/2010

Description of what you learned


Explanation of what you think ot it

Description of how you will apply it

Possible reasons other people should care about what you learned

For the second part of today's post, please share where you are in relationship to God (an intentionally open-ended request - you must think!).
 
Most people wouldn't peg me as a science guy but yes I do like weird stuff. I learned from my netvibes account on my NASA feed that we've been getting pictures of supernovas and even shots from other galaxies. I never knew how much our technology has advanced in such a short period of time until I read up on NASA. For some reason I've always been fascinated by space. Just imagining the unknown parts of space that haven't been explored yet is fascinating to me and makes me realize just how small we are.
 
Now for my spiritual life. I hate to say it but I've never been very connected to God; it's always been ... iffy. I know that I can't be in the middle (half-way accept Christ) so I'm going to just go ahead and say what many people don't know. I have not excepted Christ yet so technically (even typing this gives me a bitter taste in my mouth) I'm not a Christian. I've always been questioning my faith. Even though I do believe in God I haven't excepted him, so don't say I'm an athiest. I'm not even sure when I will; but before you were saved yourself did you know? No.
 
As for questioning Christianity; It's just been really hard for me to understand that someone that we can't see, feel, or hear is everywhere and has created everything we know. I mean I go to church to see if eventually I will understand but I never do get it. Even in chapel I pay attention but I still can't understand, I feel like he's not been there for me and I've never experienced him. I even read the Bible but it hasn't connected with me yet. I hope for all my friends and even people I don't know too well will not view me differently after reading this.

3 comments:

  1. Nathan,
    Being honest isn't easy - I'm proud of you for doing so and certainly don't think less of you for it. Any time you have questions or want to talk, I'll listen :)
    Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how much our technology has advanced but I do know that it has made a lot of things possible for NASA. NASA has done some things that are amazing and very fascinating. It's really amazing that they've got shots from other galaxies. I agree that it does make us realize how small we really are. As for the second part of your blog I am right there with you. I still haven't accepted Christ as my savior but I do believe in God although I don't go to church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like found space very fastenating too. Seeing how big the universe is makes me feel smaller, and happier that I know that God is bigger than anything. No one realizes how advanced our world, and our country alone, is until we broaden our view, and look at the bigger picture. We should be so grateful that we live in a country that we do, and it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete